I have a real sweet tooth and often find myself wanting to go to the shop to grab a sweet treat. I like to substitute flour and sugar where I can with healthier alternatives. I’m not on any sort of diet, I just prefer healthy options if I can manage it. I looked at a few recipes last week and tried some before coming up with the below version which is ah-may-zing. I often find a lot of recipes where you substitute the bad with the good tend to come out tasting pretty average or too much like coconut flour etc. but this tastes like a really delicious chocolate brownie. It is super moist and tastes a lot better than brownies I’ve made in the past.
I’ve altered the recipe a bit, and here is my version:
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- Half a large banana – mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (350 F)
- In a mixing bowl add almond butter, banana, maple syrup, butter, egg and vanilla and combine well.
- Add in cocoa powder and baking powder and mix.
- Line a baking tray – mine is about 9 inches.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
If you try the recipe, let me know!